We often hear how important it is to apply sunscreen daily — even in the winter months. But as diligent as you are in applying that SPF and wearing your hat when outdoors, we can still experience the signs of sun damage.
Sun damage can result in premature aging of your skin, also known as photoaging. Photoaging isn’t the same as natural aging, and can appear as:
- Freckling and skin discoloration
- Leathery skin
- Coarse, dry skin
- Deep wrinkles
Everyone is susceptible to photoaging, but there are different factors that can affect the damage you incur, such as skin type, your geographical location and climate, lifestyle, skin tone. If you’re here in Boulder Valley, Colorado, chances are you spend a good amount of time in the sun enjoying the beautiful outdoors!
Our Boulder skincare experts can help address sun damage with a variety of treatments, including:
- Lasers. One of the best ways to treat sun damage is through laser treatments. Laser energy can safely rejuvenate skin and reduce the appearance of brown spots and fine lines, and can improve redness, the skin’s texture and appearance of enlarged pores.
- Chemical peels: This superficial method helps increase cell turnover of the skin, exfoliate, clear pores, fades hyperpigmentation, improves fine lines and wrinkles and improves clarity of the skin.
- Injectables. On those deep wrinkles, we can use fillers to replenish the body’s natural collagen that has been lost. Learn more about our injectables.
- Medical-Grade Skincare. From serums to SPF, we can recommend the right medical-grade skincare products to suit your lifestyle and your skincare routine.
When to See an Expert
As you may know, sun damage can also lead to skin cancer. If you’ve experienced multiple sunburns throughout your life and sustained a lot of sun damage, consult with a physician like Dr. Andrew Goldman in Boulder, who can help evaluate the extent of your sun damage and who can spot signs of skin cancer early, when it’s most treatable.
Dr. Goldman and his team can also recommend a personalized treatment plan and provide advice on the right medical-grade skincare products to avoid further damage.
To schedule your appointment and learn more about your options to combat sun damage, contact our Boulder Valley office by calling us (303-558-8800) or booking your appointment online.