Just as time can bring sagging skin and wrinkles to our faces, it often takes an even greater toll on the neck, in the form of unattractive folds or “turkey wattle,” bands of fat and muscle, and loose skin.
Neck rejuvenation, or a neck lift can provide dramatic results, either when performed alone or in combination with other plastic surgery procedures. Aside from conveying a youthful appearance, a more elegant and younger looking neck can also give the impression that you’ve lost weight.
What you need to know
- A neck lift procedure can take 1-2 hours to perform, and often includes neck liposuction as part of the procedure. Many of Dr. Goldman’s neck lifting procedures are performed in the office under local anesthesia without the need for IV sedation or general anesthesia.
- Immediate swelling, and bruising are common after the procedure and will improve over the first 1-2 weeks. Some mild amounts of swelling will take about 6 months to fully resolve. You may also experience some tightness and muscle soreness in the first 1-2 weeks after the procedure.
- You will want 2 weeks to recover from this procedure. You may engage work remotely during this time, but we will ask you to refrain from exercise or any exertional activity for this period of 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Incisions in front of the ear, behind your ear and in the lower scalp hairline will have some mild redness for 2-3 months after the procedure, and should ultimately be well camouflaged scars. We will perform laser treatments or other scar manipulations as needed to optimize results.
- Results of your surgical procedure should last 5-10 years (or more) depending on the surgical technique performed and your body’s unique response to the procedure.
- A neck lift can be performed simultaneously with other facial cosmetic procedures, such as facelift, chin implant, upper or lower eyelid surgery, a brow lift, midface lift, or rhinoplasty to restore facial balance, and provide a natural rejuvenation.