Sagging eyebrows or deep furrows between the eyes have a way of making you look tired, upset or worried, even when you are not! A forehead lift (also known as a browlift) is a naturally restorative procedure that can bring your forehead, and eyebrows back to a more youthful position, which has a profound effect on your overall appearance.
There are multiple techniques for achieving the appropriate brow lift for you. Whether it is an endoscopic brow lift, or an open approach forehead lift, Dr. Goldman will assess your individual needs and discuss the different options with you to determine the most appropriate surgical technique in order to obtain your desired results.
What you need to know
- A brow lift or forehead lift procedure can take about 2 hours to perform. Brow lifting procedures are sometimes performed in the office under local anesthesia, and more commonly performed in the operating room with IV sedation or general anesthesia.
- Immediate swelling, and bruising are common after the procedure and will improve over the first 1-2 weeks. Some mild amounts of swelling will take about 3-4 months to fully resolve.
- You will want 2 weeks to recover from this procedure. You may engage work remotely during this time, but we will ask you to refrain from exercise or any exertional activity for this period of 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Results of your surgical procedure should last 7-10 years (or more) depending on the surgical technique performed and your body’s unique response to the procedure.
- A brow lift is often performed simultaneously with an upper eyelid blepharoplasty, and sometimes with other facial cosmetic procedures such as lower eyelid surgery with midface lift, facelift, chin implant, or rhinoplasty to restore facial balance, and provide a natural rejuvenation.