Juvederm, Voluma, Volbella, Vollure
(Hyaluronic acid fillers)
Dermal fillers add volume to your skin and facial soft tissues to lessen shadows and soften creases and wrinkles. These fillers provide an immediate improvement with very natural results.
As you age, you may unfortunately realize facial soft tissue volume loss. This can present as a deepening of the nasolabial folds or marionette lines (creases from the base of your nose to the corner of your mouth and chin), thinning of the lips, lip lines and creases around the mouth. Or you may see issues in the midface or forehead like flattening of the cheeks, deepening of the shadows under your eyelids, or forehead lines. Restoring your facial volume in these critical areas can be a very powerful way to give the face a more youthful, healthy, less tired, restored appearance.
What you need to know
- Injections take 10-15 minutes to perform. Topical anesthetic cream, or ice packs can be used to help minimize discomfort during the injections.
- Juvederm, Voluma, Volbella, and Vollure contain no actual live ingredients, and have virtually no risk of allergic or other inflammatory reaction. They are an exact copy of the Hyaluronic acid that already exists throughout your body.
- There is a chance of temporary redness, swelling and tenderness at the injection sites. Bruising may also occur for the first few days after treatment and can last up to 1-2 weeks, depending on the specific site, and your own body’s response to the treatment.
- To help minimize the risk of bruising and swelling, please consult with your physician, and if possible, stop taking any blood thinners for 2 weeks prior to the injections. The list of blood thinners includes: Aspirin, NSAIDS (Advil, Motrin, etc.), oral supplements like fish oil, Glucosamine/Chondroitin, Ginseng, Ginkgo, St. John’s wort, milk thistle, turmeric (Please see a complete list of supplements to avoid on our ‘For You’ page with link here to the ‘For You’ Page). You do not need to stop taking Vitamin D, calcium, or magnesium as these do not thin your blood.
- These side effects are usually well tolerated and typically diminish in a few days. You will be able to return immediately to your normal activities, but you should avoid any facial massage or pressure on the injected areas for at least one week. Results typically last from about twelve months up to 2 years depending on the product, location of the injection, and your body’s ability to metabolize the product.
Before and After Photographs
What are dermal fillers and how do they work?
Add volume to your skin and facial soft tissues to lessen shadows and smooth away crease and wrinkles.
Dermal fillers are gels that when injected into certain locations in the face can help reduce moderate to severe shadows, facial wrinkles and lines around the face. Most of the fillers we use contain hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in your body that adds volume and elasticity to your skin and smoothes away wrinkles. Because the hyaluronic acid is made of synthetic material and contains no actual live ingredients, it has virtually no risk of allergic or other inflammatory reaction.
How can fillers improve my appearance?
Dermal fillers can be safely used almost anywhere on the face—they can correct nasolabial lines (between the nose and corners of the mouth) and marionette lines (downturned creases from the corners of the mouth). They can also fill out hollow areas under your eyes or replace lost cheek volume, erase vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows, augment your lips, smooth out the radiating lines around the mouth, and improve many other parts of your face. Injections take about 15 minutes and bring immediate results.
How long do the results last?
Usually six to twelve months, or up to 2 years depending on the product, location of the injection, and your body’s ability to metabolize the product.
Are there any side effects?
There is the chance of temporary redness, and tenderness at the injection sites. Bruising may occur for the first few days after treatment and up to two weeks, depending on the specific site and your own body’s response to the treatment. These side effects are usually well tolerated and typically diminish in a few days. You will be able to return immediately to your normal activities, but you should avoid any facial massage or pressure on the injected areas for at least one week.